During the structured 9 to 12-month program, participating companies will:
- Gain an understanding of the manufacturing process, and the ten stages that lead to manufacturing maturity
- Develop a roadmap for creating manufacturing capabilities, based on the Manufacturing Readiness Levels (MRL) standard. This rigorous process provides insight into specific areas to aid the startup in planning and achieving the necessary milestones to move to the next manufacturing readiness level. It also offers a common language for working effectively with manufacturers, contractors and suppliers, and for assessing, managing and mitigating risks in each stage
- Attend instructional sessions throughout the program to help strengthen all aspects of business
- Work with a dedicated mentor weekly to review plans, identify potential manufacturing obstacles, and get advice
- Meet with an Accountability Team monthly to ensure the startup and mentor is on the right track, and has thought of everything that could impact success. If needed, the team will recommend additional resources or program exit if the startup isn’t benefiting
- Select from vetted manufacturers, contractors and material suppliers that are committed to working with startups
- Network with potential investors to raise funds for commercializing technology.